Luxury Vegan Hamper
This luxury hamper makes a wonderful gift for vegan friends, relatives or colleagues. It is packed full with our favourite vegan ingredients as well as two bottles of organic vegan wine (one red, one white). Your recipient will be able to rustle some amazing, easy Italian meals which taste amazing and are healthy too!
- Organic Chardonnay "Quarto di Luna" (75cl) This is a lovely, elegant and light Tuscan Chardonnay. It has warm straw-yellow nuances, with sparkling reflections in the glass and lively presence.Flavourful aromas of pineapple, ripe peach and passion fruit are rounded by a floral touch and gentle minerality, overall dry and with a good complexity. Fresh, lively and soft on the palate with a satisfying clean finish, this is. a perfect every-day summer white, great as an aperitif wine.
- Organic Wine Chianti Superiore Poggio ai Grilli (75cl) Made from organically grown, manually harvested sangiovese grapes cultivated in the province of Arezzo, this wine belongs to the Chianti Colli Aretini DOCG denomination, one of the 7 Chianti DOCG'sappellations. Due to the vintage, it has significantly more fullness and spice than its predecessor, and relies on intensity.Made with grapes from old vineyards and then aged in big oak barrels, this Chianti is a great red wine with a complex bouquet with hints of cherry, violet and spices. Full, fruity, smooth, with soft tannins and a long aftertaste.
- Organic Ligurian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml) This excellent unfiltered cold pressed organic extra virgin olive oil is made from olives cultivated in this beautiful area of the Italian Riviera, Imperia, known as the olive oil capital of Italy. It comes exclusively from the small, fragrant olives of the Taggiasca variety which give a low acidity, golden yellow oil with a delicate flavour. Olives have been cultivated here since 1100 and a combination of the climate, soil and water ensures their unique taste. It can be used either as salad dressing, drizzled on a bruschetta, as a finishing touch for starters and soups or to cook delicious recipes of fish, meat and pasta.
- Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti Pasta (500g) Organic whole wheat pasta, bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Gragnano the birthplace of dry pasta, our Pasta Gragnanese Spaghetti not only taste better and retain all of their goodness when cooked, they also have plenty of surface area to absorb the flavour and liquid of the sauce with which it they are served. The name Spaghetti comes from the size and similarity to a small piece of sting (spago).
- Trofie Pasta (500g) Trofie are fine twirls of pasta which have a nice bite to them as they remain quite firm when cooked. They are a traditional pasta shape of the Liguria region and are generally eaten with pesto, another Ligurian speciality. Trofie are perfect for pesto as this type of sauce clings to them really well. They also pair well with all tomato-based sauces. Our handmade, artisanal pasta in traditional shapes and sizes is bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Cosenza in Calabria.
- Chick Pea Strozzapreti Pasta (250g) Handmade in Tuscany with 100% chickpea flour, this pasta is very versatile and absorbs sauces really well. Chickpea Strozzapreti are are gluten and grain free and are ideal if you are looking for a light and healthy vegan pasta which is also high in protein and rich in dietary fibre.
- Organic Vegan Pesto Genovese Sauce (180g) Our delicious organic pesto is made simply in Liguria with just healthy, natural ingredients organically grown basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil and pine kernals. Suitable for vegans, this pesto is wonderful on pasta (particularly Trofie), great for adding to gnocchi or just for spreading on a bruschetta or in a sandwich.
- Arborio Rice (Special Selection) (1kg) This Arborio Special Selection is made with the best grains selected to give a better cooking result for all your rice based recipes. This short, fat and slightly oval shaped rice is perfect for risotto thanks to its high starch content. Cooking releases this starch and gives any risotto its lovely creamy consistency. Like pasta, Arborio rice should prepared al dente, cooking time is 15 minutes and it should be slightly firm to the bite.
- Courgette and Saffron Risotto Mix (250g) Our risotto mixes are prepared by our producer Tenuta Margherita based in Vercelli, Northern Italy. Only their own superfine Carnaroli rice is used in our mixes which are made to a traditional family recipe. Easy to prepare with all natural ingredients, this tasty courgette & saffron risotto makes for a quick and gourmet main or side dish. Just add a drop of olive oil or butter, a little dry white wine and hot water and cook for around 18 minutes. Serve with a sprinkling of grated parmesan.
- Turnip Greens in Olive Oil (Broccoli Rabe) (280g) Turnip greens, also known as Broccoli rabes, Rapini, Spring Broccoli or Italian Turnip Tops are amongst the most commonly used vegetables in southern Italian cuisine. Our turnip greens have been blanched and then sauted with olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes until they are really soft and over-cooked. Enjoy them as an antipasto alongside cheese and crackers. This vegetable is a great source of polyphenols, especially flavonoids.
- Sicilian Aubergine Caponata (280g) If you have visited Sicily, the chances are you will have tried Caponata! Made from chopped aubergines and other mixed veggies, Caponata is a traditional, much-loved vegetarian dish which is full of Mediterranean flavour. Caponata can be served at room temperature as part of an aperitivo, antipasto or as a side dish or warmed up alongside meat or fish. It could also be stirred into pasta to make an amazingly easy and tasty sauce.
- Tomato Sauce Wild Fennel, Asparagus & Artichoke (370g) To create this tomato sauce, Barbuscia have brought together natural ingredients of superior quality, creating a healthy, tasty sauce which is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. The intense flavour of the fennel that grows naturally in the Sicilian fields, artichoke stems collected in season, tender asparagus and tomato sauce give this a unique flavour, much appreciated by lovers of Mediterranean tastes.
- Cracked Green Olives in Olive Oil (314g) These lightly spiced Calabrian crushed olives have a bold, firm flavour and are ideal served as part of an aperitivo, as a snack alongside other antipasti or as a delicious side dish with grilled or roasted meats. We love them served simply with some toasted crusty bread as a quick and easy lunch.
- Dried Porcini Mushrooms (25g) Our Porcini are classified as 'First Extra Quality' and come from the uncontaminated Sila National Park in Calabria. They are hand picked between August and October and are then dried naturally in the sun. Just open the bag and marvel at the amazingly strong, heady aroma - this is the first sign of their quality. Perfect in a risotto made with Arborio rice.
- Extra Fig Jam (250g)A delicious jam made from Calabrian figs grown in the Province of Cosenza, known worldwide for producing the best figs in Italy; sweet, juicy and full of flavour. This tasty jam can be used for sweet preparations, on buttered toast or in sandwiches.
- Organic Mediterranean Vegan Burger Mix (160g) This organic, vegan mix makes burger making at home quick and easy. Packed with organic soya, quinoa, capers and tomatoes these vegan burgers are full of Mediterranean flavour! Simply add water and olive oil and follow the easy instructions.
- Organic Tuscan Bean Soup (250g) This organic soup mix is packed with organically grown beans, chick peas and lentils from Tuscany. It makes a hearty and nutritious lunch or dinner for the whole family. Once soaked overnight the soup can be left to cook on the hob for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with crusty bread.
- Modican Chocolate with Bolivian Mirror Salt (70g) From the ancient Aztec tradition comes this unique crumbly chocolate bar. A must for chocolate lovers, Donna Elvira Modica chocolate is a chocolate full of history made following ancient manual Aztec methods, brought to Modica, Sicily by the Spanish in the 16th century. No one else produces chocolate in this way anywhere else in the world and no other chocolate tastes quite like this.
- Natural Modican Chocolate (70g) This Natural Modican Chocolate bar is made simply with 50% cocoa beans and 50% cane sugar. It is not flavoured in order to fully appreciate the richness of flavours and aromas of cocoa.With Natural Modican Chocolate you can prepare delicious hot chocolate: in a saucepan put 180ml of water and the chocolate bar in pieces. Place on the stove and bring to boil, whisking. Turn off as soon as a dense reddish lather comes up. Serves two.
All products are carefully wrapped and presented in a lovely traditional large wicker hamper which is hand-tied with a bright ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
You must be over 18 to purchase this hamper.
Allergens: Sulphites, wheat, soya, celery.