Italian Superfood Hamper
The Italian diet is full of fabulous superfoods which have been keeping people healthy for centuries and helping them to be the longest-living population in the world! Both superfood fanatics and friends and relatives who watch their diet will love discovering these delicious products with their amazing properties!
- Bergamot Marmalade (250g) This typically Calabrian citrus fruit is a cross between an orange and a lemon, deep orange in colour with a distinct aroma. It is used in many products such as teas, beauty creams and oils. This marmalade has an intense bergamot flavour, bitter like seville oranges but with a very compex and interesting taste, sweet and tangy at the same time. Try it on buttered toast, with scones, biscuits or even meat and fish.
- Extra Fig Jam (250g) A delicious jam made from Calabrian figs grown in the Province of Cosenza, known worldwide for producing the best figs in Italy; sweet, juicy and full of flavour. This tasty jam can be used for sweet preparations, on buttered toast or in sandwiches.
- Organic Acacia Honey (250g) Acacia honey is very pale with a sweet, delicate floral flavour and therefore one of the most popular honey varieties. It is a good choice for mixing with drinks because it will sweeten them without changing the taste of the drink. It is also a great choice for cooking because of its mild flavour and because it mixes very easily. Acacia honey is slow to crystallize, this means that it can remain in a liquid state for a long period of time due to its high concentration of fructose.
- Organic Fairtrade Arabica Coffee (250g) This is an organic coffee that originates from plantations in total harmony with the environment, where natural growing practices make absolutely no use of any harmful substance for man and the environment and contribute to maintaining the balance of the ecosystem. Our Caffè Haiti “BIO” blend, made of 70% Arabica and 30% Robusta coffee is both 100% organic and 100% fairtrade. Coffee is a fantastic superfood with many health benefits. Coffee helps to feel less tired and increase energy levels, it is an effective fat-burning supplement, it contains essential nutrients like vtamins (B2, B3 and B5) and it is a source of manganese and potassium. Moreover, coffee drinkers have a significantly reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, parkinson, alzheimer and dementia, are less depressed and more happy!
- Wholegrain Black Venus Rice (500g) This medium whole grain, aromatic, black rice is a delicate alternative to white rice. It has a mild nutty flavour and is ideal for preparing risottos (with cheese, fish and shell fish) as well as rice salads and side dishes. It also has a low Glycemic Index meaning that it will make blood sugars rise more slowly than normal rice.
- Whole Dried Calabrian Chillies (60g) Fiery red in colour and taste, these top quality Calabrian 'peperoncini' have been left to dry on the vine in the Mediterranean sunshine to give a more potent heat and fruitier taste. Calabria is one of Europe's main producers and consumers of peperoncino which is considered 'medium hot' on the Scoville Scale which measures the heat of chillies worldwide. Add them to sauces, cooked vegetables or infuse them in olive oil. Use them whole, chopped, crushed, ground or rehydrated to add vibrant colour and wicked heat to all of your dishes! Perfect in a late night "Aglio, Olio, Peperoncino" dish of spaghetti (garlic, oil and chilli).
- Cenzino Organic Olive Oil (500ml) Giovanni Marvulli’s 'Cenzino' extra virgin olive oil from Matera, Basilicata is both healthy and full of flavour averaging almost three times the polyphenols of typical extra virgin olive oils (see our chart below). A certified organic oil, fruity with a distinct almond after taste and an elegant aroma, wonderful on salads, cooked vegetables, fish and seafood or simply drizzled on your crusty bread or bruschetta.
- Organic Balsamic Vinegar (250g) A great tasting 6 year old organic balsamic with a distinct sweet and sour flavour made with only certified organic grapes.
We wrap all breakable items carefully and individually inside the box and then tie with a beautiful ribbon.
A gift message option is available at the checkout for you to send a personalised message to your recipient.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
You must be at least 18 years of age to purchase this product. By accepting our terms and conditions you are confirming that you are 18 or over.
Vegetarian, gluten free.