Deliciously Fishy Hamper
This delightful wooden gift tray is packed with our fishiest Italian treats and will bring the taste of the Mediterranean to the home of your recipient. It's the perfect present for fish-loving friends and relatives who love to recreate traditional Italian meals with great ingredients, but maybe don't have lots of time!
- Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce with Squid Ink (220g).This tasty squid ink sauce combines some of the most famous local Sicilian specialities including sweet Pachino tomatoes, cuttlefish squid ink and anchovies. The cuttlefish (squid) ink gives the sauce a distinctive black colour and incredible mediterranean flavour. It goes well with Linguine or Spaghetti.
- Anchovy Fillets from Cetara on the Amalfi Coast (80g). Preserved in sunflower oil, these anchovy fillets are a healthy ingredient for any dish.
- ‘Colatura di Alici’, Traditional Anchovy Sauce (100ml). This is a wonderful product from the Amalfi Coast which derives from Garum, a fish sauce used by the Romans to dress their food. We recommend you use it to dress spaghetti or linguine – a little goes a long way and the taste is incredible.
- Bronze Die Cut Linguine (500g). Our artisanal Linguine come from the home of pasta, the town of ‘Gragnano’, near Naples. They are wonderful quality and go really well with our traditional anchovy sauce.
- ‘Puttanesca’ Pasta Sauce (330g) This ready-to-use pasta sauce is robust and a little fiery, probably much like the ladies of the night from Naples who gave it its name! Spaghetti alla Puttanesca translates as ‘Whore’s Pasta’ or as Nigella prefers to call it ‘Slut’s Spaghetti’! It was most likely a quick, cheap dish which could be prepared and eaten by the Neapolitan working girls in between clients! It is certainly an easy and satisfying meal and is full of ingredients which are typical of Southern Italian cuisine including San Marzano tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic. We recommend serving the sauce with either spaghetti or linguine.
- Bruschetta Topping made from Anchovies, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Olives (180g). This simple, healthy and tasty topping is made from natural ingredients and can also be used as a pasta sauce.
- Slow Food Salina Capers in Sea Salt (250g). Our capers have IGP status (Protected Geographic Denomination) and come from the Sicilian Island of Salina. They are said to be the best capers in Italy! Crunchy and full of flavour, they are a great addition to salads and fishy sauces.
We carefully protect all the items in the wooden tray, wrap the tray with cellophane and tie with a big ribbon. A personalised gift message option is available at the checkout. Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Allergens: Fish, anchovies, capers, wheat.