College Starter Kit
We think that any student, whether they are heading off to college or uni or are already there, will appreciate this well though-out kit to help them on their way. There will be no need for them to fill their cupboards with baked beans and tinned spaghetti – we’ve packed this hamper with everything they will need to make quick and easy meals for themselves and their house-mates!
- Bitter Orange Marmalade (250g) This bitter orange marmalade has a rich flavour and delicious taste with balanced combination of sweetness and bitterness. Calabrian oranges at the height of ripeness are used to make this tart and zesty, all natural marmalade with no additives or preservatives. it is wonderful on hot buttered toast or muffins.
- Almond & Pistachio Cantuccini Biscuits (150g) These artisan Tuscan ‘Cantucci’ biscuits are light and crunchy and made with roasted almonds and pistachio. A typical Tuscan dessert, said to have been conceived originally in Prato, they are traditionally enjoyed dipped into sweet Vin Santo. They are also great with coffee or tea.
- Organic Acacia Honey (500g) Acacia honey is very pale with a sweet, delicate floral flavour and therefore one of the most popular honey varieties. It is a good choice for mixing with drinks because it will sweeten them without changing the taste of the drink.
- Organic Fair Trade Arabica Coffee (250g) Our coffee blend, made of 100% Arabica coffee by Rome’s favourite coffee company ‘Caffe Haiti’ is both 100% organic and 100% fairtrade. It is strong and full of flavour and ideal for espresso pots, caffettiere and filter coffee machines.
- Mini Grissini Bread Sticks (130g) Our super-crunchy bread sticks are made in Piemonte from a recipe which is centuries old. Containing extra virgin olive oil, they make a healthy and satisfying snack on their own or can be served as an alternative to bread alongside a salad or with antipasti.
- Sun Dried Tomato Almond & Pistachio Paté (180g) Sun dried tomato paté with a twist! If you enjoyed our simple sun dried tomato paté we think you will love this! We tried it as a quick and easy pasta sauce – straight from the jar into the pasta and it was delicious! Otherwise, fabulous spread on bruschetta or bread, with or without some creamy cheese!
- Bronze Die Cut Gragnano Spaghetti (500g) Bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Gragnano the birthplace of dry pasta, our Pasta Gragnanese spaghetti not only tastes better and retains all of its goodness when cooked, it also has plenty of surface area to absorb the flavour and liquid of the sauce with which it is served.
- Bronze Die Cut Penne Pasta (500g) Penne rigate are medium length tubes with their ends cut at an angle (like a quill or fountain pen) and with deep ridges (rigatura) are said to have originated in Campania and are a perfect shape for all sauces. We suggest cooking them with spicy tomato sauces or sauce.
- Ready Made Risotto Mix with Four Cheeses (250g) Our risotto mixes are prepared by our partner Tenuta Margherita based in Vercelli, Northern Italy. Only their own superfine Carnaroli rice is used in our mixes which are made to a traditional family recipe. Easy to prepare with all natural ingredients, this tasty four cheese risotto makes for a quick and gourmet main or side dish.
- Risotto Mix with Pumpkin (250g) Easy to prepare with all natural ingredients, this tasty pumpkin carnaroli risotto makes for a quick and gourmet main or side dish.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Liguria (500ml) This excellent unfiltered cold pressed extra virgin olive oil is made from olives cultivated in this beautiful area of the Italian Riviera, Imperia, known as the olive oil capital of Italy. It comes exclusively from the small, fragrant olives of the “Taggiasca” variety which give a low acidity, golden yellow oil with a delicate flavour.
- Tomato Sauce with Basil (330g) Naturally sweet tomato sauce is combined with fresh basil to give a delicious Mediterranean flavour. Made with all natural ingredients, San Marzano tomatoes and no added sugar, this is a healthy and tasty addition to any pasta dish!
- Tomato Sauce with Porcini Mushrooms (330g) The aroma of this tomato pasta sauce is immediately recognisable – fabulous porcini mushrooms have been added to the San Marzano sauce to create an amazingly tasty, but healthy sauce.
Our College Starter essentials are presented in a strong gift box tied with a ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout. Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Allergens: Wheat, almonds, pistachios, celery, milk, cheese, butter, eggs.