Fishy Five Minute Meals
The latest in our collection of Five Minute Meals Hampers is this wonderful selection of fishy ingredients from the shores of Southern Italy. You or your recipient will be able to create a range of tasty meals with three types of pasta plus sauces from the Amalfi coast and the beautiful fishing village of Marzamemi in Sicily.
- Gragnano Linguine Pasta (500g) Bronze die cut, dried at low temperatures and made in Gragnano the birthplace of dry pasta, our Pasta Gragnanese linguine not only taste better and retain all of their goodness when cooked, they also have plenty of surface area to absorb the flavour and liquid of the sauce with which it is served. The name Linguine refers to the flattened shape similar to a little tongue (lingua).
- Squid Ink Spaghetti (500g) These artisanal spaghetti flavoured with squid ink have been made with 100% semolina from central Italy and with wheat germ, the heart of the wheat grain which is normally removed when the grain is milled and therefore not found in most types of pasta. Bronze drawn, they have a rough texture and are very porous and therefore able to absorb sauces really well. This pasta is healthy, nutritious and tasty! These deep black spaghetti pair well with fish or seafood, they would also go well with a simple tomato sauce
- Hand Made Orecchiette Pasta (500g) Orecchiette, originally from Puglia are a round disk, slightly sunken in the middle, so called for the shape that recalls a small ear. Their cup-like interior is perfect for capturing chunky sauces and scooping up small vegetables such as peas. Traditionally served with turnip greens and anchovy sauce, orecchiette also go well with a tomato-based sauces with or without miniature meatballs and/or a sprinkling of ricotta salata, a seasoned variety of ricotta cheese.
- Colatura di Alici (Traditional Anchovy Sauce) (100g) This delicious and simple traditional Italian product from Cetara on the Amalfi Coast is little known outside of Southern Italy. It is made by the Delfino Battista family following an ancient Roman recipe (Colatura derives from Garum, the fish sauce used by the Romans as a dressing for their food) involving layering anchovies with salt in wooden barrels, placing a weight on top of them and waiting for the juice to filter down. The word Colatura comes from the verb Colare in Italian which means to trickle. This process takes around three months and results in this exquisite anchovy essence. t can be seasoned with fresh herbs such as parsley, garlic, paprika and some lemon zest and added to extra virgin olive oil to create a wonderful sauce for spaghetti or linguine. Or just simply drizzle over bruschetta or grilled vegetables.
- Tomato Pasta Sauce with Seafood (220g) This ready to use pasta sauce will transport you back to summer and that seafood pasta - the best you ever tasted on the shores of the Mediterranean! Full of the aromas and flavours of Sicily, Campisi's recipe combines the very best of the islands' seafood with tomato sauce made from sweet local Pachino tomatoes. Combine with the pasta of your choice for an easy, healthy meal.
- Tasty Turnip Greens and Anchovy Sauce (180g) If you love authentic pasta sauce recipes you will love this traditional sauce made from 'broccoli rabe' with a hint of anchovies. Typical of the Puglia region it is usually served with 'Orecchiette' pasta. Broccoli rabe (although resembling leafy long stemmed broccoli, is actually a relative of the turnip and has quite a bitter taste which mellows when cooked. It has quite an earthy, nutty taste and is really popular in Italy.
- Tuna Fillets in Olive Oil (220g) These delicious tuna fillets have been fished off the shores of Marzamemi. Steamed to preserve their organoleptic characteristics and preserved with sea salt and olive oil, these fillets are pinkish white in colour and have a characteristic flavour. They are also very rich, an excellent source of protein and with very little fat. Enjoy them as a nutritious second course or as a side dish with a green salad, to flavour pasta dishes or as part of a typical Sicilian antipasto alongside capers and olives.
We wrap all breakable items carefully and individually inside the box and then tie with a raffia ribbon. A gift message option is available at the checkout for you to send a personalised message to your recipient.
Please note that if we are out of stock of any item we reserve the right to substitute it with the most similar available item.
Allergens: Contains fish, seafood, wheat, wheat germ.